Saturday 6 August 2016

Words & Wonders (62)

Welcome to Words & Wonders, a weekly journal of writing updates, links I've found useful or interesting, and book recommendations. I hope W&W will prove to be useful to you writers out there as well as offering an insight into my writing progress for my readers. Don't forget to leave a comment with your own writing progress!

If you're very astute, you probably noticed there was no W&W last week. That's because I was at YALC and LFCC in London! So this week's writing journal is a bumper edition. Allow me to tell you ALL OF THE NEWS:

The Powers of Callaire's cover was revealed today on LGBTQ Reads, a hella awesome site dedicated to queer books. Head over to their site and check it out.

Plus DRYAD is free right now, along with over a hundred other books. You can check it out in this promo here!!!

And come back to this blog from the 10th of August onward to read 500 words of POWERS per day!!

In the Writing Cave, this week:

- I have done SO MUCH promo prep for The Powers of Callaire's release. People emailed, guest posts written, the book finalised. I'm working my ass off.

- I'm in the research trenches (is that a thing? It feels a lot like a thing) for The Lux Guardians. I've spent approximately 48 hours on research if my hours were collated. Which is MAD.


- I told myself I needed to dedicate my spare time to writing TLM 5, so of course I got sucked into the whirlpool of my NA UF Dragon book. I've written 11,919 in two weeks. When you factor out the 5 days I was in London, I think that's pretty darn impressive. I love this story, and the characters, and while I can see a whole bunch of problems even now, when this is the shiny, final version, it's going to be EPIC.


In my life:


- I went to freaking London. One of my favourite cities ever. I'd probably visit every weekend if it were possible.

On the internet, this week I found useful:


- Too busy to browse !


What have you written this week?

~Saruuh

No comments:

Post a Comment