Saturday 9 July 2016

Words & Wonders (59)

Welcome to Words & Wonders, a weekly journal of writing updates, links I've found useful or interesting, and book recommendations. I hope W&W will prove to be useful to you writers out there as well as offering an insight into my writing progress for my readers. Don't forget to leave a comment with your own writing progress!

In the Writing Cave, this week:

- I've second drafted 111 pages of The Powers of Callaire and finished this stage! I moved onto big picture edits and a couple rewrites (40% edited, 1.5K rewritten so far) and when this is done, I'll be close to the finish line. I'll have an announcement about the release date VERY SOON.

- I started second drafting the TLM short I wrote the other week (6 pages edited). I'm gonna refer to it as the Johanna Short, named for the main character, who is named for Johanna Konta, my British tennis bae.

- I wrote another 2.5K random of the NA UF dragon story I'm definitely never gonna finish. For a few days I considered writing it for real but I have more important things (Lux Guardians, Legend Mirror) to turn my attention to. Maybe when TLG is wrapped up!!

In my life:

- Work, work, working


On the internet, this week I found useful:

- This interesting post on authors marketing/release strategies

A Book I've Loved Lately:



These books are hella awesome urban fantasy, with a tonne of new twists to the genre and swoony, complicated relationships. These books are sneaky - you won't see any of the shocks coming. And they're NA genre fic! Score!

What have you written this week?
~Saruuh

No comments:

Post a Comment