Saturday 8 August 2015

Words & Wonders (12)

Welcome to Words & Wonders, a weekly journal of writing updates, links I've found useful or interesting, and book recommendations. I hope W&W will prove to be useful to you writers out there as well as offering an insight into my writing progress for my readers. Don't forget to leave a comment with your own writing progress!

Just a quick note to say THE BEAST OF CALLAIRE IS FREE on B&N/Ibooks/Smashwords etc. to celebrate the release of The Dryad of Callaire, so if you've yet to read my YA mythical fantasy (with hella diverse characters) get it now!


In the Writing Cave, this week I have:

- Read 153 pages of The Dryad of Callaire proof in a frantic read-everything-today Friday. (Remember you can pre-order a signed copy of DRYAD here!)

- Formatted a lot; DRYAD is now fit for print and Kindle and Smashwords consumption. It wasn't easy but we got there.

- Written 3,895 words and officially started book 3 of The Legend Mirror, which I am 99% sure will be titled:


But there's always the chance that during drafting a more appropriate title will spring up. For now though I'm referring to it as TLM3 or POWERS.

In my life:

- I'm stressing majorly over the cover of the printed DRYAD. I had a proof of the new BEAST printed and it's excessively green, but I have no choice but to approve it (because I literally cannot afford to get another proof printed RN) and change it in a few months. But now DRYAD has changed on the print preview from a nice blue to HOLY MOTHER OF TURQUOISE and my printer has no idea why it's happened. So I'm stressing about that and waiting impatiently for the proof to arrive and seal my fate :/

- I'm stepping up my reading game by taking part in ARC August, so expect plenty book recs over the next few weeks.

On the internet, this week I found useful:

- This post by Chuck Wendig, which I really needed. This post made me feel 100% better when I felt shitty.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!
~Saruuh

No comments:

Post a Comment