Saturday 25 June 2016

Words & Wonders (57)

Welcome to Words & Wonders, a weekly journal of writing updates, links I've found useful or interesting, and book recommendations. I hope W&W will prove to be useful to you writers out there as well as offering an insight into my writing progress for my readers. Don't forget to leave a comment with your own writing progress!

In the Writing Cave, this week:

- I've second drafted 152 pages of The Powers of Callaire. I have also split the super long book (like DOUBLE the size of The Beast of Callaire) into two books, which is good news for everyone. 
You can read more about that over on Facebook.

- I've also worked on a new website which I hope to reveal next month, and designed some killer book covers, one of which being The Powers of Callaire!

In my life:

- I'm not sick this week!!! Hooray!!


On the internet, this week I found useful:

How To Write Protagonists of Colour When You're White
This post has me returning to thinking about my space in diverse YA, and debating writing a white MC in my next series, something I return to contemplating regularly. I don't want to force my way into spaces that don't belong to me, but I do want to accurately represent the world I know.

What have you written this week?
~Saruuh

No comments:

Post a Comment