Saturday 10 December 2016

Words & Wonders (75)

Welcome to Words & Wonders, a weekly journal of writing updates, links I've found useful or interesting, and book recommendations. I hope W&W will prove to be useful to you writers out there as well as offering an insight into my writing progress for my readers. Don't forget to leave a comment with your own writing progress!

In the Writing Cave, this week:

- I wrote 9,830 of Pride & Joy, my f/f witchy murder book. Nearly, nearly done.

- I wrote 3,970 words of the Ottoman-inspired fantasy I mentioned a few weeks ago. I'll refer to it as Kelebek+Savas after the main characters but names could easily change.

- I also read 60+ pages of my NA UF Dragons book I half wrote a few months back. It's not nearly as bad as I remember. I might finish it, but as I'm working on Pride&Joy, my side Ottoman Fantasy, and will soon be editing The Revelation ... it's low on my priorties.

In my life:

- Christmas is soon, Christmas is soon!!

- Also I'm LOVING superhero books right now. I burned through Relentless (Deebs & Lynn Childs), Zeroes (Westerfeld, Lanagan, and Biancotti), Illusive (Emily Lloyd-Jones), and yesterday I read the so so so cute m/m superhero/supervillain novella Superior (Jessica Lack.) I recommend all of them, especially Superior and Zeroes, which has some pretty awesome diverse rep, although no gender or sexuality. Still, read it for endlessly adorable Thibault!

Discovery Found or Lesson Learned:

This week, I'm sharing this blog post on the book a year schedule in traditional publishing!

"I also want to say . . . it’s not for everyone. And that’s okay. Some books take longer. Some authors need more space. Overall, you have to do what works for you. Sleep deprivation and caffeine addictions might keep you going for a little while, but ultimately, taking care of yourself is most important."
What have you written this week?
~Saruuh

No comments:

Post a Comment