Welcome to Words & Wonders, a weekly journal of writing updates, links I've found useful or interesting, and book recommendations. I hope W&W will prove to be useful to you writers out there as well as offering an insight into my writing progress for my readers. Don't forget to leave a comment with your own writing progress!
This is my fiftieth post on this blog!!! I'm celebrating by announcing the (definite, final, absolute) title of the next Legend Mirror novel!!
You might have seen this on the 'other books' pages in DRYAD and BEAST if you were looking closely. The title plays into the two different story arcs of this book, one that was hinted at in the first two books, which is Yasmin making a bargain with Pluto to find his lost power in return for Fray's life. While this is happening, the Red take on their own quest to find a group of powerful lost artefacts that might give them a defense against the Numina who want them dead. Fun, happy stuff :|
In the Writing Cave, this week I have:
- Written 12,647 words. I think I've finally settled into this book now. Thank gods.
In my life:
- I discovered the app Pacifica, which is really keeping my stress levels down. I like their soundscape, where I can listen to calming forest sounds for literal hours.
On the internet, this week I found useful:
- Sleeping With The Enemy: Writing Outside Your Comfort Zone
- Moving Forward: Writing Smooth Transitions
- Writing Emotional Wounds
- How To Write A Sequel That's Better Than The First Book
A Book I've Enjoyed Recently:
Awesome historical world, cool witchy concept, and heartfelt characters who I absolutely fell in love with. John has my heart, and the best thing is the romance between him and Elizabeth is the slow burn kind. I adore this book.
What have you written this week?