Sunday 30 March 2014

Camp Nano (again...)

It's that time of year again. The one where I try to accomplish something totally un-accomplishable. At this point I literally cannot remember what I wrote for Camp Nano last year, though I'm sure I wrote something.

This year, though, I'm doing something completely new to me: an anthology. And not just that but an anthology of Grimm retellings - something I have only worked on before for a short amount of time, and which went terribly not-good. Hoping these retellings will be much better, and nicer to me.

I can't say much about the stories, other than I am very excited about them, and they're YA high/epic fantasy set in a completely new world called Fissure. If you follow my instagram you might have seen my map drafting a few days ago. 

The anthology will be heavily diverse, i.e. inclusive of ethnicity (though not the exact same ethnicities we have, since it's not set on Earth), sexuality, and disability. I'm also hoping to switch up a few fairy tales to turn the kind and gentle kings into queens, and the wicked queens into kings because feminism and trope inversion. 

Also Bluebeard is a woman now.


So that's what I'm doing this April.

~Saruuh

No comments:

Post a Comment