Saturday 5 March 2016

Words & Wonders (41)

Welcome to Words & Wonders, a weekly journal of writing updates, links I've found useful or interesting, and book recommendations. I hope W&W will prove to be useful to you writers out there as well as offering an insight into my writing progress for my readers. Don't forget to leave a comment with your own writing progress!

In the Writing Cave, this week:

- Oh boy. I had a pretty big crash mid week. I ran out of energy with my 2nd edits of PERSEYUA and instead of it taking  2 hours to edit 20 pages, it took me 5+ hours to do 10 pages. I smartly changed my focus because I HATE wasting time, so now I'm putting the first half of the book (to which I'd already added my 2nd draft changes) through a fourth round of edits. 

Then I plan to go back and finish the 2nd drafting (which is actually technically a third draft but names are a pain) and then fourth-edit THAT. Which is mighty confusing and a long way around but as long as it's done by May and I can send it on submission, it's alright. 

I ended up doing 147 pages all around.

- I wanted to work on THE CLONE BRIDE story that I mentioned last week but didn't have time. I did write 600 words of a story affectionately named LibraryHeist though, for no good reason. The main character kinda came out of nowhere and I had to write her. I'm thinking this is gonna be a novella/very short novel in the Fissure world (of LITGA and PERSEYUA)


In my life:

- Slowly catching up with life things after two crappy sicknesses

- Listening to a LOT of PVRIS. Also I, Prevail and Asking Alexandria's song The Black (which has single-handedly made me love a band I never liked before and made me want to buy their new album which is out this month!)

On the internet, this week I found useful:

- More like this week I forgot to collect links so there's nothing. Oops

A Book I've Loved Lately:



Good old fashioned fantasy. One of my favourite books read this year. If you haven't read it yet, why the heck not? Last I checked it was £0.99 for Kindle - treat yourself!

What have you written this week?
~Saruuh

No comments:

Post a Comment