Saturday 13 February 2016

Words & Wonders (38)

Welcome to Words & Wonders, a weekly journal of writing updates, links I've found useful or interesting, and book recommendations. I hope W&W will prove to be useful to you writers out there as well as offering an insight into my writing progress for my readers. Don't forget to leave a comment with your own writing progress!

Crap, crap, crap, sorry this is late. I scheduled it and totally didn't hit publish. D:

In the Writing Cave, this week:

- I learned I am really impulsive re: pitching contests even though my MS is only 75% done. I have banned myself from them until mid March, when PERSEYUA's mass changes have been implemented. At. The. Earliest.

- Semi related: I've been working on my query, going over and over it. I think I'm at the point where I can't make it any better, so it might be time for someone else to look at it.

- I continued with my second draft of PERSEYUA. This week I did 98 pages, which is a crappy week for me :(

- I planned Le Contemp~ finally. The good news: it's now going to be 2000% better. The bad news: a character has to die and the 10K I've written has to be scrapped D:

In my life:

-  The dreaded February Sickness hit so I missed three days of work and I'm officially behind my deadline :(

-I found 2 new bands, both female fronted. PVRIS and Against The Current. I really like both but I'm leaning towards ATC (literally ALL their songs are strong but check out Fireproof, my current favourite song.)

On the internet, this week I found useful:

This post on twitter pitches, which saved me from making a fool of myself. Authors partaking - READ THE FIRST POINT.
- Synopsis Tips From An Expert
- Questions to Ask a Prospective Agent!!!!!

What have you written this week?
~Saruuh

No comments:

Post a Comment