Saturday 25 July 2015

Words & Wonders (10)

Welcome to Words & Wonders, a weekly journal of writing updates, links I've found useful or interesting, and book recommendations. I hope W&W will prove to be useful to you writers out there as well as offering an insight into my writing progress for my readers. Don't forget to leave a comment with your own writing progress!

A fortnightly, super-belated post because I went to London, as evidenced by obligatory holiday snaps:


 In the Writing Cave, this week I have:

- Gone a bit skewiff. Bare with.

- I wrote 4,779 words of an old (OLD) WIP, and I'm loving it. I love these dumb characters so I'm happy to be writing this.

- I also wrote a few pages of my Hades/Persephone WIP

- And I wrote the very beginning of my ApocalypseGirls thingymajig. I don't blame you if you can't keep up with these WIPs. I barely can.

- IMPORTANTLY: I sent DRYAD to proof, and I am now reading that proof for any final polishing and within the week DRYAD will be shiny and ready and DONE.

Here's a look at the proof:



In my life:

- I went to London!!! It was fun, and amazing to get away from everything, and I was within two metres of HAYLEY FRICKEN ATWELL.

On the internet, this week I found useful:

- This crazy amazing post by Kameron Hurley which made me feel 200x better about myself and my writing and my next book, DRYAD. It's absolutely not the best book in the world but it's the book I want to write, written to the best of my ability. Thanks, Kameron.

Have a good week, folks!!
~Saruuh

No comments:

Post a Comment