Sunday 21 June 2015

Words & Wonders (6)

Welcome to Words & Wonders, a weekly journal of writing updates, links I've found useful or interesting, and book recommendations. I hope W&W will prove to be useful to you writers out there as well as offering an insight into my writing progress for my readers. Don't forget to leave a comment with your own writing progress!

Sorry for the late update, guys. It completely slipped my mind!

In the Writing Cave, this week I have:

- Got stuck in The Hotel of Fresh Hell (aka line editing) and edited 12 pages. 

- Revised 53 pages of The Dryad of Callaire by adding my second draft changes to the manuscript. 

- Written 3,306 words of The Legend Mirror book 3. Finally had a good writing day and I can't believe I ever had days where I hated writing. Now that I have little time to write anything, it feels so freeing to put words on a page.

In my life:

- I attempted to update the iOS of my iPhone and it wiped the entire drive. So I'm back to factory settings!!! Yay!!!! *sarcasm*

- I got sick and had to miss two days of work, which I am pretty grumpy about, since I have a very tight deadline with this. I'm looking forward to being done editing, though, when I can actually move forward with TLM3.

- Got two new shiny notebooks so I can begin the planning phase soon on two future projects. One is a YA fantasy novel to which I refer as Codename: ApocalypseGirls because there is the end of times and a hella cool gang of ladies in the book. The other is my first graphic novel, another YA fantasy in which all magic is sustained by plantlife and two best friends become enemies when a rogue magician begins deriving magic from the pain of others.


- I had the book haul of all book hauls:



On the internet, this week I found useful:

- Samantha Shannon's reply about originality

A book I have loved recently:


This book is beautiful and raw and everything I wanted. All the main characters are diverse (as they should be!), the setting is authentic, and the story is perfect. A brilliant retelling and a memorable main character.

Have a good weekend, folks!!
~Saruuh

No comments:

Post a Comment