Saturday 2 January 2016

Words & Wonders (33)

Welcome to Words & Wonders, a weekly journal of writing updates, links I've found useful or interesting, and book recommendations. I hope W&W will prove to be useful to you writers out there as well as offering an insight into my writing progress for my readers. Don't forget to leave a comment with your own writing progress!

In the Writing Cave, this week:

- IT'S POSSIBLE I STARTED WORKING ON A BOOK INSPIRED BY HAMILTON AND I'M PRETTY DARN EXCITED ABOUT IT. Listen, I've been listening to this musical so much that I fall asleep thinking about it and wake up with a song in my head. I literally have a teenage crush on a musical. ANYWAY the book is middle grade and mostly about Mulligan who is weirdly enough not my fave but anyway. I basically went 'what if the revolution was run by teenagers who could totally slip under the radar, and also magic?????' (I'm thinking sewing magic because TAILOR and paper magic for encoded messages because SPYING and maybe guns are magic or something because REBELLION.) Like all my other ideas, I absolutely DON'T have time to be planning or writing it, but that's not gonna stop me. (It probably shouldn't be a mystery why a musical about a huge workaholic nerd is my favourite...)

I 100% WANT TO READ A TONNE OF BOOKS ABOUT THE REVOLUTION AND HAMILTON AND MULLIGAN (IF THERE ARE ANY) & CO. SO IF YOU HAVE BOOK RECS, SEND THEM MY WAY!!!!

- I second drafted 18 pages of Wicked Song, a short story for release in an anthology next year.

- I read through 103 pages of PERSEYUA, my YA fantasy novel in verse, to sort out the rhythm and meter. It might be free style but it doesn't need to be THAT free. I read 64 single spaced A4 pages yesterday alone and I feel 1) pretty pleased with myself and 2) half dead because I have to read as many pages today and tomorrow and the day after that and so on...

In my life:

- 100% of my existence RN is Hamilton. Kinda wish I was kidding but no regrets. Besides, it motivates me to get shit done. Would Alexander Hamilton be lying on this couch watching TV? No! He'd be writing a 10,000 page book!! You can write/read the next 10 pages if he can do that!

On the internet, this week I found useful:

- Nothing. Been far too busy.

What have you written this week? And happy new year!!!
~Saruuh

2 comments:

  1. That book based on Hamilton sounds amazing! (Also I am literally listening to Hamilton RN. I'm totally with you on this. :|)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My life now revolves around this dumb musical.

      I mean, I haven't been as intensely a fan of something since glee and starkid.......

      Delete